Saturday, June 27, 2009

Rum

For those of you interested in Rum, yes Rys, I recommend Captain Morgan Spiced rum. It has a nice mellow spice taste to it, and sort of sneaks up on you. If you like to drink it straight, the Capt Morgan or Don Q Gold are both good. However, Don Q Gold is a "tad" expensive.

Of course, the most popular way to drink rum is what is called a Cuba Libre (free Cuba, ironic, ain't it?), which is rum and coke. Of course you can get some mint leaves and grind them in the bottom of a glass, add rum and club soda and you can make a mojito. As for me, I prefer rum and coke, rum and coffee (a wide awake drunk), rum and cake, rum and rum, rum and whiskey, rum and beer...you get the hint.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy rum, but I'm a tequila girl. I LOVE my Patron. When I can afford it, or someone is buying it. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a tequila kinda gal. Now I did find a rum called Cherry Jack and it's so good if you are in a fruity kind of mood. I'm also a Grey Goose girl but that too is very pricey.Dammit I just like spirits! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a rum & coke now and again, but truth be told I'm a Kahlua freak. It's Mexico's greatest contribution to the earth IMHO. But now I do know what you and hubby are doing the next time we come to visit. LOL (*Psst! Kristin! Remember the video camera...this would be SO WORTH IT!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bwahahahaha...if Vic doesn't tell you his tequila stories, I will. They are that good.

    ReplyDelete